Sea Star Realty offers weekly, nightly, and monthly rentals.
Weekly: During the peak season, a majority of our properties are strictly rented from Saturday to Saturday; deviations can be made on a last minute basis, dependent upon availability. Reservations for consecutive weeks at the same property may be eligible for discounts.
Nightly: Our properties may be available for nightly rentals, based on availability. Dependent on the property, there may be a two to four night minimum; please call for restrictions and availability.
Monthly: Our properties may be available for monthly rentals, based on availability; typically, monthly rentals are not available during peak season. Please call for restrictions and availability.
Each property is privately owned and reflects the Owner’s individual tastes and requirements. Please do not rearrange furniture, televisions, or remove any items. Neither Sea Star Realty (Agent) nor the Owner shall be responsible for providing any additional furnishings or appliances not presently in the home. Sea Star Realty is not responsible for errors/omissions; we reserve the right to correct such errors. All furnishings and equipment are subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure that the descriptions and amenities are accurate. All properties are inspected before and after each occupancy. Rental guests have full financial responsibility for all damages due to misuse, willful misconduct, negligence, or missing items.
You must be at least 25 years of age or older in order to book and/or confirm a reservation. Rental agreements with our Owners prohibit rentals to school, church, fraternity, sorority, or other non-family groups, chaperoned or un-chaperoned unless all members are 25 years of age or older. Weddings or any other family event must be approved in writing by Sea Star Realty at time of reservation. The maximum number of overnight guests is limited to a specific number which is dependent upon the size and sleeping accommodations for the property you rented; exceptions are only made for infants. A guest list must be filled out and provided prior to check-in and must include names of each guest that will be staying at the property at any given time during your rental dates. Misrepresentation may result in eviction without refund; maximum occupancy is strictly enforced.
Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and/or rental money; the party will not be permitted to check-in and/or may be evicted for misrepresentation.
Instructions will be e-mailed to you a week prior to your scheduled arrival date, so please stay alert for this very important information. Check-In begins at 4:00 PM. Sea Star Realty makes every effort to ensure that all units are clean and ready for occupancy by 4 PM; however, during Peak Season or in some instances it may be necessary to delay occupancy until the home is ready. Please do not check into the house early or check out late, our maintenance and cleaning crews need proper time to prepare the home for our next guest’s scheduled arrival. If you arrive prior to 4:00 PM, we suggest that you spend that time enjoying the beach, restaurants, or other attractions until your scheduled check-in time. You will be given two house keys at check-in. A fee of $25 will be charged for lost keys and $75 for lockouts.
BELL HOP SERVICE:
Your vacation should be all about rest and relaxation – let us do the heavy lifting for you. Sea Star Realty will meet you on site of the property you have reserved to unload your luggage into the home upon arrival and load your luggage for departure. For an additional fee of $50.00, you can have peace of mind knowing the minute you arrive you can begin making those amazing beach memories and let all your cares slip away into the sweet summer breeze.
DEPARTURE GUIDELINES & GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES:
Upon departure & to avoid extra charges, guests are required to complete the following:
- Check-out by 10:00 am on date of departure as stipulated in this agreement.
- A fee of $200 will be charged should property not be vacated promptly at 10:00 am causing a delay to the cleaning crew.
- Load all dirty dishes in dishwasher & run. A fee of $150 will be charged for dirty dishes.
- Take out all trash and push cart(s) to curbside. A fee of $150 will be charged for trash take-out.
- Empty fridge & freezer.
- Strip sheets off all beds and leave inside by door, along with towels. A fee of $25 per bed will charged to unmake each bed. A $20 fee will be charged per piece for missing or destroyed linens.
- Please leave all pillows, mattress pads and bedspreads on beds - if soiled, leave with sheets to be laundered. A fee of $100 will be charged for each stained or destroyed bedspread.
- Leave all outside areas, including pool deck, parking area, porches, shower, and grill clean. A fee of $50 will be charged for any trash clean-up at outside areas.
- Depending on weather, Leave AC on 75 or Heat on 55.
- Leave ALL lights, fans, televisions, etc. off.
- Double check house for all your belongings – We are not responsible for lost or left behind items.
- Lock doors and return keys to lockbox. A fee of $25 will be charged for each missing key.
Departure maid service is required and is added to the rental rate. We are sorry, but the Departure Maid Service fee is not optional; in order to uphold our cleaning guidelines and standards, we cannot waive the Departure Maid Service fee by allowing guests to perform the departure cleaning. Guests are required to perform basic departure duties, as stated above. Our rental properties are equipped with a vacuum cleaner, broom, and mop for use during your stay; cleaning products are not provided. Daily maid service is NOT included in the rental rate.
Sea Star Realty offers the most luxurious linens in the area. Including resort quality plush towels, hand towels, face cloths, bath mats and high thread-count sheets of superior quality for each bed in your vacation home (including sleeper sofas). In each bath you’ll find complimentary elegant soaps. Waiting for you in your kitchen are kitchen towels, along with some complimentary items, including gourmet coffee, dish soap, and a kitchen sponge. Best of all, the beds will be made prior to your arrival and towels pre-hung in the bathrooms!
Upon check-in, the items as listed below will be at the property for use during your stay. Additional paper products, soaps, trash bags, or food and perishable items are the responsibility of the guests
- Kitchens - 1 roll of paper towels at kitchen sink, 1 individually wrapped sponge, 1 small bottle of dish soap, 1-pot serving of coffee grounds
- Bathrooms - 1 travel size bar of soap at each sink, bathtub, shower, Individually wrapped roll of toilet tissue in each bathroom
- Other Areas - 1 liner in each trash can
LOST & FOUND:
We are not responsible for personal items left behind. We ask that you please double check the entire house for all your belongings prior to your departure.
GUESTS PERSONAL PROPERTY:
The Owners and/or the Agent are not responsible for the damage, loss, or theft of personal property, including but not limited to automobiles, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, personal items, and cash.
All properties are non-smoking, smoking inside the property is prohibited. If we find there has been smoking in the home, a $500 air quality fee will be charged to the guest plus any other costs incurred to clean the premises. Special Note for Surfside Beach: The Town of Surfside Beach has enacted a Public Smoking Ban within the town limits; the ban prohibits smoking in buildings used by the public, 30-feet from those buildings entrances, on beaches, beach walkovers, and in recreation facilities and parks.
Some of our properties are pet-friendly, although a majority do not permit pets on site. If the property you rented is pet-friendly, you must disclose that you are bringing a pet at the time that you book the reservation. The fact that a property is promoted as a “Non-Pet Friendly” home does not guarantee that an animal has never stayed in the home. Misrepresentation could result in eviction without a refund and a $500 fine will automatically be charged to the card on file. For our pet-friendly homes the following apply:
- No puppies, dogs must be at least 1-year old.
- More than one pet will require approval.
- "Visiting" pets are not allowed.
- $200 non-refundable fee is required at time of reservation – fees will apply for additional pets.
- Clean-up after your pet in both public areas and the grounds of your rental.
- No excessive barking.
- Do not allow your pet to roam to neighboring properties – pets must be kept on a leash at all times.
- No pets on furniture or beds; please bring your own pet bed or crate.
- No pets in swimming pools or hot tubs.
- Please ensure that your pet has current immunizations, including flea treatment.
- Failure to follow these regulations will result in eviction without refund.
- Sea Star Realty will not be held liable for damages incurred by the pet on property or at surrounding properties.
- All local laws and regulations, including beach rules, are followed. These laws vary depending on the location of your rental property.
Myrtle Beach Pet Laws:
- Dogs in public must be on a leash at all times.
- No animals are allowed on the beach or Ocean Boulevard from 21st Ave. N. to 13th Ave. S. in Myrtle Beach during any time of the year.
- No dogs are allowed on the beach 9 a.m.-5 p.m. May 15-Sept. 15.
- Horses and riders are allowed on the beach within the city of Myrtle Beach from the third Saturday in November until the end of February, in groups of six or fewer.
- No “staging” is allowed within the city limits (access to the beach is through Myrtle Beach State Park), and riders must clean up droppings west of the high tide line.
Surfside Beach Pet Laws:
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach at any time May 15-Sept. 15.
- Riding horses on the beach is prohibited.
- Horry County (Call to see if your property is within the Horry County limits)
- Any animal on the beach must be on a hand-held leash not to exceed six feet in length and under the control of the person having custody of the animal.
- Animals are not allowed on the beach from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. June 1 - September 1.
- It is unlawful to ride a horse or other animal on the public beach or within pubic marsh areas within the county limits March 1-Oct. 31.
Georgetown County Pet Laws (Call to see if your property is within the Horry County limits):
- Dogs are allowed on public beaches if accompanied by the owner or keeper and under the physical control by means of a leash or similar restraining device, or under the control of a responsible person to whom the dog is obedient on command.
- On Pawley’s Island beach, dogs must be on a leash May-October.
- At Huntington Beach State Park, dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- In areas designated for the protection of endangered species, dogs and cats must be on a leash at all times.
- Horses are not allowed on the beach March 15-Sept. 15.
- Riding horses on Pawleys Island or Huntington Beach State Park is prohibited year round.
DAMAGE WAIVER FEE:
All reservations will be charged a $199 damage waiver fee, this fee will automatically be added to all reservations at time of booking. This fee is not refunded or applied to future rentals. The Accidental Damage Fee is designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit that may occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1500. Any damages that exceed $1500 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Accidental Damage Fee will cover the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $1500. Certain terms and conditions apply. DAMAGES MUST BE REPORTED PRIOR TO CHECK OUT IN WRITING IN ORDER FOR SEA STAR REALTY TO REPAIR OR REPLACE SAID DAMAGES; UNREPORTED DAMAGES WILL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE GUEST.
The Accidental Damage Fee does NOT cover:
- Intentional acts, gross negligence or willful conduct
- Evidence of or damage caused by pets
- Damage and/or theft by unauthorized individuals or groups
- Any loss, if the guest does not report the damage in writing to Sea Star Realty prior to check out
- Loss of use
- Excessive cleaning costs (such as incomplete checkout duties, carpet cleaning)
- Loss or damage to guest’s personal property or rental equipment
- Damage to or caused by electric vehicles (golf carts)
- Any damage caused by violation of Sea Star Realty’s Rental Agreement or any action that violates local, state, or federal laws
- Acts of God
An advance payment of the rental rate is required. The advance payment will be applied toward the rent; all applicable taxes are included in reservation total. Our deposit policy is as follows:
- Reservations require a 10% deposit with-in five days of booking, 40% of your balance is due 125 days prior to arrival, and the final 50% is due 45 days prior to arrival.
- Reservations made within 45 days of arrival require full payment by credit card or certified funds. Reservations made within 14 days of arrival will require certified funds to be overnighted.
- Any payment that has not been received and is ten days past due will result in immediate cancellation and forfeiture of any monies previously paid.
- We accept payments in the form of traveler's checks, bank money orders, cashier’s checks, personal checks, or credit cards.
- Please make checks payable to: Sea Star Realty, and mail to PO Box 2415, Pawleys Island, SC 29585.
When paying by credit card, a valid copy of the cardholder’s driver’s license or state issued photo id will need to be provided. THERE WILL BE A 3% TRANSACTON FEE ADDED TO CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS. Late payments or returned checks may be cause for forfeiture of reservation and all prior deposits. Late payments will also incur a $25.00 clerical fee. No substitutions or rate adjustments will be issued once your reservation is confirmed or upon arrival. Guest acknowledges that they may not take possession of the property until full rental amount set forth herein has been paid in full.
A one hundred and twenty (120) day notice is required for cancellation. Reservations that are cancelled more than one hundred and twenty (120) days prior to the arrival date will incur a $199 cancellation fee to cover clerical expenses. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay or are made within 120 days of the arrival date forfeit the full advance rental payment and damage/reservation deposit. Reservations are nontransferable; requesting to change or transfer a reservation to another home, date, or person is deemed a cancellation of the current reservation. Guests shall not assign their rental agreement or sublet the home, in whole or in part. We cannot make substitutions or refunds for early departures and no show reservations. If paid, the Red Sky Travel Insurance is not refundable.
OPTIONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE:
Guest Protect Plan: Red Sky Trip Insurance has been offered with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation and force you to incur unplanned expenses due to evacuation, serious illness, or death of a family member. Although travel insurance is optional, we strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection for your vacation investment. Please note that once purchased, after 10-days the cost of the travel insurance is non-refundable. Click here for more information about Travel Insurance.
All applicable taxes are included in reservations.
Beach Equipment: Pack light and leave the bulky items to us - we deliver and pickup - all equipment provided is new and top quality. Click here to view available equipment & pricing.
Golf Carts are subject to all laws and ordinances applicable to operations of a motor vehicle on public roads, including that all operators must possess a valid driver's license. Traffic laws and ordinances are enforced by local authorities. Guests shall comply with all applicable laws and ordinances, shall be liable for any damage or injury they or their invitees cause while operating an electric vehicle, and shall hold Sea Star Realty free and harmless from liability for such damage or injuries. Damage to electric vehicles is not covered by the Accidental Damage Protection Plan.
Fax, copier, and scanner use is available for our guests at our offices. We would love to make recommendations for local eateries, shopping, touring, outdoor activities, parks, etc. - please do not hesitate to ask us for assistance.
Home owners often keep personal belongings in locked closets. All locked closets are strictly off limits; tampering with locked closets will be reported to local law enforcement authorities.
REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE:
Our homes are well maintained and clean, but please understand that these homes can occasionally experience unexpected problems, just like your own. Please report any inoperative equipment or maintenance problems to our office immediately. We strive to keep them in good working condition and will do everything possible to repair any malfunction within a reasonable time frame. Sea Star Realty is not responsible for delays and/or service interruptions with utilities such as cable, internet access, power, water, phone services, etc. No refunds, credits, rate adjustments, property substitutions, or relocations will be issued for any mechanical failures including delays due to receiving parts needed for repairs, delays due to service and/or utility companies, and requests made outside operating hours or on holidays. We will do our best to have all repairs performed as quickly as possible; service calls after office hours may not be addressed until the next day. If you have any maintenance issues while in town please call our Home Services Manager, Walt Reeder (843) 655-7127.
It may be necessary to enter the property for the purpose of completing necessary maintenance; oftentimes it is impossible to notify you in advance of this work. In the event that the vacation home you are renting is on the market for sale, we may find the need to show the property during your stay. We will make every effort to schedule the showing at a convenient time for you as to not interrupt your vacation. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
DISPOSAL OF GARBAGE & RECYCLABLES:
There are roll-out containers at most homes; if recycling is available for the home, it will be marked accordingly. Recycling containers are typically blue; garbage containers are either gray, green, or black. The pickup schedule will be posted on the refrigerator.
Please keep all outdoor areas including driveways, parking areas, porches, decks, and pool area clean and free of loose trash.
Local laws prohibit grilling on beach, walkways, decks, porches, or balconies as this is a fire hazard. Please be responsible and use safety precautions when grilling. We also ask that you please clean the grill after each use.
CAMPERS & MOTOR HOMES (RV's):
Absolutely no campers or motor homes are allowed to be hooked up or used on premises. RV's should only be used for transportation purposes; please note that some condo complexes do not allow RV parking.
Absolutely no fireworks are allowed on premises of any rental properties.
FURNITURE & LINENS:
Please do not rearrange furniture or carry bed spreads, blankets, pillows, sheets or furniture to the beach.
Wi-Fi is available at all of our rental properties and can be accessed through selecting the network and entering the password as posted on the refrigerator. This service is provided by either the individual home owner or HOA at no cost to the guest. While we make every effort to ensure that this service is operational during your stay, problems can occur; as these are out of Sea Star Realty’s, the home owner’s, and the HOA's control, no refunds will be given should this service become unavailable or interrupted during your stay.
While enjoying our beautiful beaches, please keep the following in mind:
- Please stay off of sand dunes.
- It is illegal to pick, break, damage or destroy sea oats.
- It is illegal to harm or disturb Sea Turtles or their nests
GARDEN CITY BEACH:
Seasonal pool heating is available March 1st through May 31st and Sept 1st through Oct 31st at an additional charge; pool heating will not be available outside of these time frames. Please keep in mind the outside temperature must be at or above sixty (60) degrees; pool heaters are not effective in weather below sixty (60) degrees. There will be an additional charge for pool heat – please contact Sea Star Realty for more information. If you have ordered and paid for pool heat, the heater will be pre-set; guests should at no time attempt to operate or adjust the temperature setting on the pool heater. Unauthorized use or tampering with the pool heater is illegal and will be reported to local authorities – fines will apply. Pool Heat should be ordered at least 72-hours in advance so that there is ample time to heat the pool water.
Vehicle parking is limited to the number advertised for your unit. Renters must park all vehicles in the driveway or garage; please, no parking on the grass or in the street. Motorcycles and/or trailers are prohibited in Inlet Harbour. Golf carts are not permitted at any condominium complexes and please note that some condominium complexes do not allow RV parking. Sea Star Realty is not responsible for parking laws, towing, or parking tickets.
Click Here for Surfside Beach Parking Guide.
HOME OWNER ASSOCIATIONS:
All condominiums and select homes are controlled by individual Home Owners Associations (HOA's). Parking and complex provided amenities such as pools, elevators, and common areas for these properties are controlled and maintained by the HOA; Sea Star Realty is not responsible for amenities controlled by HOA's.
New home construction and renovations are often occurring in our popular beach area. We cannot predict when or where construction activity may take place; no refunds or moves will be made for nearby construction activity.
HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY:
No refunds will be given due to inclement weather conditions, mandatory evacuations or power outages. We strongly recommend purchasing the optional travel insurance we offer though Red Sky Trip Insurance. Click here for more information about Travel Insurance.
If the home that you are renting has a pool, it is restricted for use only by those listed on your guest list; friends or family that are not staying on the premises and are not listed as guests are not allowed to use the pool. Please abide by the following rules and regulations:
- Only experienced swimmers are permitted in the pool.
- Children must be accompanied at all times by a parent or legal guardian.
- Infant children must wear rubber pants when in the pool. No diapers are permitted.
- No solo swimming is permitted.
- No running is permitted.
- Diving is not allowed - please use steps and handrail when entering and exiting the pool.
- No glass containers are permitted in the pool area.
- Appropriate swim wear must be worn.
- No pets or animals are allowed in the pool area.
- No persons with communicable diseases, rashes, infections, or illnesses may use pool.
- No persons with skin, eye, ear, or nasal infections are allowed in the pool.
- No person under the influence of alcohol or drugs may use the pool.
- Pool furniture must not be removed from the pool area.
- In the event of a lightning storm, all persons should vacate the pool
All pools are professionally maintained. We are intent on assuring the pool is in proper working order for your stay, but pools have mechanical equipment that can break, need repair, or require special maintenance. We will do everything possible to repair any malfunction within a reasonable time frame. No refunds, credits, rate adjustments, property substitutions, or relocations will be issued for any mechanical failures including delays due to receiving parts needed for repairs.
Please refrain from any of the following; any violations may be cause for eviction without refund.
- NO house parties. Our property owners only accept families.
- NO use of private property to access the beach – please only use specified public beach accesses
- NO grilling on decks or porches.
- NO fireworks on any of the premises.
- NO moving of furniture.
- NO phone calls charged to unit phone.
- NO washing automobiles at unit.
- NO motor home or camper hook up.
Any exceptions to any policies listed in this rental agreement must be approved by Sea Star Realty in advance and in writing.
WAIVER AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY FOR USE OF PROPERTY:
By signing our rental agreement, the Renter/Signee agrees:
- To WAIVE AND RELEASE, indemnify, hold harmless and forever discharge The Agent and The Legal Owners of the Property and its members, agents, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, successors and assigns, of and from any and all claims demands, debts, contracts, expenses, causes of action, lawsuits, damages, and liabilities, of every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, in law or equity.
- That the use of the swimming pool or dock/pier may be considered inherently dangerous and may cause serious grievous injuries, including bodily injury, damage to personal property and/or death. The Renter, their children, heirs, assigns and next of kin, waive all claims for damages, injuries and death sustained to Renter, their children and any minors for which Renter is legally responsible.
- To assume any risk, and take full responsibility and waive any claims of personal injury, death or damage to personal property associated with use of this property, and its equipment in any manner, form or fashion, and practicing and/or engaging in swimming/diving or any water activities or other related activities on the premises.
- That the pool policy will be strictly adhered to by Renter and by any children for whom Renter is legally responsible or who is permitted to use the pool during Renters tenancy of the premises.
- To WAIVE AND RELEASE even after the termination of the activities conducted on the premises whether by agreement, by operation of law, or otherwise.
LIMITATIONS OF REMEDIES, DAMAGES, AND INDEMNITY:
In the event Agent or Owner is unable to deliver property to Guest under this agreement because of fire, eminent domain or Act of Nature, unavailable because of delay in construction or because of lack of water, sewer, power services, the property is sold, removed from rental program, or any other reason beyond Agent’s control, Guest hereby agrees that Agent, and Owner’s sole liability as a result of any of these conditions is the full refund of all considerations previously tendered by Guest pursuant to the terms of this agreement with the exception of fees listed above as non-refundable, and Guest expressly acknowledges that in no event shall Agent or Owner be held liable for any consequential or secondary damages, including but not limited to any expenses as a result of travel, cost of re-renting, etc. Guest also agrees in the case of a double booking, Guest will be entitled to full refund of all consideration previously tendered by Guest. Alternately, Agent will make all attempts to relocate Guest. Guest agrees to be responsible for any repairs necessary due to their negligence. Guest understands that Agent has the right to refuse service to anyone. In the event Owner or Agent has to resort to legal process to enforce rights under this agreement, Guest shall be responsible for reasonable Attorney fees and costs. Guest agrees this rental agreement is entered into in Georgetown County, SC and consents to personal jurisdiction and any proper court location therein. If Guest or any member of his/her party violates any of the conditions of this agreement, Agent may terminate this agreement and enter premises. Upon notice of termination of this agreement, Guest shall vacate the premises immediately without refund.
Although every effort has been made for accuracy, Sea Star Realty is not responsible for errors on the website. Descriptions and rates are subject to correction or change without notice.
SEA STAR REALTY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUND DEPOSIT, REFUSE RENTAL, OR DISCONTINUE OCCUPANCY IF, IN THE AGENT'S OPINION, TENANT IS DETRIMENTAL TO PROPERTY.